We picked up a framed list of house rules at a craft show a few years back. I can’t attribute this to a specific person but I want to thank that person for providing concise clarity on how we should run our lives.
- If you open it, close it.
- If you turn it on, turn it off.
- If you unlock it, lock it.
- If you break it, repair it.
- If you can’t repair it, call in someone who can.
- If you borrow it, return it.
- If you use it, take care of it.
- If you make a mess, clean it up.
- If you move it, put it back.
- If it belongs to someone else and you want to use it, get permission.
- If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
- If it doesn’t concern you, don’t mess with it.
I intend to provide a few more rules in a following post that continues the focus on responsible behavior made clear by these simple rules.